WRS Tech - recruiting immediately for an Electrical Service Engineer to work on marine engine controls, for a leading engineering business that has a very good market share.
As the Electrical Service Engineer, you will work as part of a tight knit team, to support the management of service contracts and associated works by undertaking electrical, electronic and control system overhauls and repairs on board customers vessels and in the workshop. You will carry out installation and commissioning, trouble shooting and diagnostics as required.
- Plan your jobs and produce timely and accurate quotations and invoices
- 50/50 split between office and field based work
- On hand technical support for internal and external customers
- Work on Medium & High speed Diesel engine control system, ancillary, nav and communication equipment
- Work on CCTV, Alarm and Monitoring systems, switchboards & generators, LAN computer networks
- Respond to customer requirements and attend sites covering overhaul and repair of electrical / electronic machinery and equipment
- Ensure profitability targets with respect to quotations and labour utilisation are met
- Respond to customer needs during normal working hours and urgently in non-standard time and weekends as and when required
- Ensure quotations are in line with company authority levels and are timely and accurate
- Ensure all reports as defined by contracts or company requirements are submitted to defined timescales and are of a consistently high standard
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement in all operations, processes and policies
- Ensure the use of cost-effective sources for goods, services and hired equipment
- In-house and external training plans to be maintained in line with the objectives of the company
- Ensure that work standards comply with the requirements of the QHSE system
- Identify any business development opportunities
Please apply now to be considered - or contact Lee Hayward in confidence - 02392 633952, Lee@wrstech.co.uk
You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered. WRS Tech are acting as a recruitment consultancy for this role.