Very unique opportunity for a Project Engineer to join an impressive growing Marine business, working on products that are proven to benefit the Maritime sector as a whole. For this role - you will fully utilise your broad Mechanical & Engineering knowledge across different types of Main engines, Generators, ancillary equipment, compressors, pumps and pipework.
You will take the lead in person, and co-ordinate a number of projects both newbuild and retrofit around the world.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for health and safety on your assigned projects
- Develop and present technical and commercial arguments effectively and influence others accordingly
- Coordinate internal, supply chain and site work activities throughout project lifecycle
- Prepare Statements of Work and Requests for Quotation
- Create and maintain project schedules and trackers
- Project cost control and forecasting.
- Conduct project reviews and prepare / present management reporting
- Project risk management – anticipating, managing and mitigating risks
- Prepare tenders / quotations including technical, commercial and pricing. Coordinate inputs from other departments and suppliers to meet bid dates
- Attend and lead vessel surveys, supplier, partner and customer sites for meetings, testing etc
- Attendance at shipyards including coordinating site work activities
Ideal candidate specification:
- Strong project management skills (a project management qualification is extremely desirable – Prince 2 etc)
- Leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance
- Broad understanding of all types of Mechanical Equipment onboard - i.e. Pumps, Compressors, Generators, Valves
- Background managing installation of; Scrubber Tech, Ballast Water Treatment systems, or working on emissions reduction - is highly advantageous
- Experience with Marine outfitting and system integration projects
- Knowledge of marine classification society rules (DNV, ABS, LR, etc.)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Good report writing and presentation skills
Please apply to be considered - or contact Lee Hayward in confidence, +44(0)2392 633952 or email Lee@wrstech.co.uk
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.
You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK, as sponsorship is not available