Position: Software Development Engineer
Job ID: 1130/17
Salary/Rate: £45,000 plus benefits
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the team. Working as the Software Development Engineer, you will: Help maintain, develop and contribute to new & existing software systems / integrated monitoring solutions by providing technical and domain expertise.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- Conceptualise and develop solutions / methodologies for complex automation systems – Fine
- Propose and contribute to the development of new products using technological innovations – Fine
- Deliver Software Products based on high level specifications – Specified by the end user and the in house chief engineer
- Working to a project plan with agreed milestone points –
- Validation and testing of software prior to release and contribute to the overall integrity and reliability of the system
- Provide support for current software – Maintenance and modification
- Produce specification documentation and manuals – Fine
- Essential: Strong experience of C++ Windows Development using Visual Studio
- Essential: High Volume real-time data transfer
- Essential: Multi-threaded Solutions
- Knowledge Of: Windows Application Development
- Advantage: IPMS knowledge
- Advantage: Serial Interfaces (RS232, 422 CanBus) Protocols such as ModBus NMEA-0182/200
- Advantage: Direct X / Open GL
- Advantage: LINUX Embedded Development
- Advantage: TCP/UDP Networking
- Benefit: Architectural and System Solution Methodologies
- Benefit: Qt Framework
- Benefit: SQL Databases
- Benefit: Data Encryption Techniques
- Benefit: Google Protocol Buffers
- Benefit: Maritime Related Automation Software Systems
- Driving Licence
- Numerate Degree or Equivalent
- Ability to obtain UK SC Clearance
- Non-restrictive passport
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.