Position: Project Engineer (Mechanical – Engines)
Job ID: 1687/7
Salary: To be confirmed upon Application
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a Project Engineer to join the team. As the Project Engineer, you will mainly be office based providing technical support and expertise for my clients in-house projects and field service work. You will also provide technical support to the Commercial Team in regards upcoming and potential projects.
Working at the leading edge of engineering with a committed, enthusiastic and friendly team – you will deal with medium speed engines covering old and new, across many different industries.
This is a heavy engineering business, focusing on engines leaning to the mechanically biased work load.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the marine engineering industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• Internal and external customer and supplier liaison
• Create parts lists to include parts interpretation
• Provide technical assistance to Technical, Commercial and Business Support teams
• Support technical quotations and project proposals
• Support project planning and mobilisation
• Cover project management when required
• Oversee tooling reviews to ensure correct tooling is available
• Assist with the production of technical reports and documents to include method statements and commissioning procedures
• Technical drawing interpretation
• Develop and support maintenance planning procedures
• Update Sage / Filestar with technical information
• Communicate with sub-contractors, suppliers and clients
• Assist with supplier and sub-contractor technical reviews
• Involvement with re-engineering.
• Support the introduction of standard operating procedures including new repair procedures
• Support Risk Assessments both internally and externally for projects
• Good practical medium speed diesel engineering background within in marine or offshore sectors
• Successful track record of organisational and communication skills
• Resourcefulness to find solutions
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, engine manuals and instruction books
• Ability to apply engineering knowledge for new projects
• Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.