Position: Test & Commissioning Technician
Job ID: 1556/39
Salary: Up to 28k plus great benefits
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for a Test & Commissioning Technician. Working as a Test & Commissioning Technician you will work on mechanical and electrical products installing, commissioning, testing and subsequently maintaining equipment at our clients site in Portsmouth (some off-site work when required).
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the marine engineering industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• You will - Set-up, configure and test existing equipment ensuring that equipment works to its designed specification
• Carry out all activities in line with the set test procedures
• Investigate problems, diagnose and repair any faults found
• Install, commission, test and subsequently maintain equipment
• Work with engineering and technical staff to develop new and existing equipment
• Ensure all test results and works are documented / recorded.
• Feedback any design and / or maintenance issues
• Run system demonstrations
• Control and maintain professional standards within the test areas
• Working and / or visiting various sites, as required and for short periods of time - this may involve absence from home
• Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• A decision-maker / problem solver
• Strong self-management and organisation skills with attention to detail
• Strong presentation skills, a confident speaker and professionally presented when interacting with customers
• Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Must be a team player
• Driving Licence
• Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
• HNC/HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
• Time served apprenticeship
• Experience of working within a Defence environment
• Knowledge of Naval standards
• Ability to use Microsoft suite, and analyse data within Excel
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech. WRS Tech have been appointed to act as part of the recruitment process for this role.