Position: Technical Sales (UPS/Gensets)
Job ID: 1799/12
Location: Home Based
Salary/Rate: Up to 40k base plus generous commission
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for an on the road Technical Sales Person. Working in technical sales, you will plan and carry out your sales activities for covering critical power, UPS/Genset equipment and related services to UK accounts. You will receive and interpret customer enquiries and specifications, complete full design specifications and generate accurate detailed quotations. You will also provide presales technical assistance, produce full technical proposals, negotiate and agree terms using set agreed parameters, establish new and maintain existing client relationships.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
Main Purpose of Role:
• Sell/upsell critical power equipment
• Sell/upsell critical power services
• Assist with quotations
• Act as company representative
• Decide on and create a technical / consultative solution covering client requirements and specifications.
• Create quotations for critical power applications
• Review project enquiries and provide detailed proposals and quotations
• Update and maintain comprehensive records on the company CRM system
• Plan your own sales activities with an aim of achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - Agree and meet set sales targets
• Plan and manage your business portfolio according to an agreed development strategy
• Negotiate the terms of agreement and closure of sales using pre-set sales guidelines
• Complete full / detailed handover for acceptance with the in-house project team
• Using your own technical knowledge of critical power equipment to ensure customers always receive on point expert advice
• Maximise sales opportunities by ensuring customers are given information and options for all company products and services beyond the scope of original enquiry
• Maintain and develop new and existing customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
• Support marketing activities covering product launches, promotions, advertising, and exhibitions
• Create and process purchase order requirements as needed
• Record details of site visits / surveys as required
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities
• Attend and present at external and/or internal meetings or functions
• Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
• Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.