WRS Tech are working with a global tug and towage organisation to source a Port Manager for two important port locations in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and continually growing organisation with fantastic opportunities for internal progression.
The Port Manager has overall responsibility for the general management of the two port operations in the North East of England. This is a great opportunity to lead a sizeable work force and contribute to a fantastic working culture.
Roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee local business objectives (complementing wider group targets)
- Maintain the working relationship with key clients within the ports
- Manage the P&L and ensure operational efficiency
- Manage and protect all assets on the waterway
- Proactively assist commercial team in winning new business
- Ensure the highest safety standards are maintained and improved where necessary
- Manage both sea and shore staff and build relationships with union representatives
- Report directly to senior management
The ideal candidate will have extensive management experience in a port (or similar) environment and have strong commercial and operational acumen. Candidates with experience of liaising with Unions are preferred. In order to succeed you will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to split your time between multiple sites seamlessly.
The successful candidate will win the opportunity to work within a fantastic business with an international reach. In addition, a competitive salary and well rounded benefits package is on offer.
You must have the right to live and work in the uk to be considered, as no visa sponsorship is available.
WRS Tech is a specialist Marine and Maritime recruitment agency that offer Permanent and Contract recruitment solutions.