WRS Tech is working with a fantastic shipping business to source a Ship Manager to assist with the supervision of a specialised vessel.
You will be technically fully responsible for all ongoing inspections, updating Ship Management Systems (SMS), training junior engineers, scheduled dry docks, class / flag approvals, repairs and conversions. You will also form part of the emergency response team as DPA/CSO.
You will need to be very flexible, as this role will require you to travel and remain on-call in the case of any emergencies or to assist the chief engineer.
Preferred candidate must:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in rank as Chief Engineer
- Hold a Class 1 COC Chief Engineer Unlimited
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience ashore in a similar role
- Flexible with travel at short notice
- An excellent communicator
- High level of Technical report writing skill
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are already DPA/CSO qualified
As a reward for your hard work, the organisation will give a very competitive benefits package and the opportunity to work within a small but professional team.
Please do apply now for further information
You must have the right to live and work in the UK (EU) to be considered, as no visa sponsorship is available
WRS Tech is a specialist Marine and Maritime recruitment agency that offer Permanent and Contract recruitment solutions.