Position: Cost Estimator
Job ID: 693/10
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a Cost Estimator to join the team. You will work in a team and talk to differing areas within the business including engineering and buyers. This is to ensure products are cost effective and profitable. You will need to have strong communication skills to be able to work with key departments, providing up to date cost and pricing information to the sales team. The role also involves the requirement to read drawings and technical documents whilst utilising computer software to calculate and prepare estimates.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
• Prepare and update the cost schedules to be in accordance with the Company Procedures and guidelines issued by the Head of Finance, with the objectives of maximum accuracy and minimum turnaround time.
• Process any quotes for spares, submit offers to customers and maintain the cost database as per standard Bills of Materials (BOM’s).
• Maintain up to date cost data for standard products, such that material costs (raw material, manufactured and BOF) are within validity.
• Supply cost data support to engineering team members during exploration of concept and design alternatives to develop lower cost solutions.
• Supply cost data support for guarantee or insurance claims.
• Co-ordinate standard methods of handling all data types within the Estimating Team and with the Aftermarket Team.
• Liaise with both Manufacturing & Purchasing teams to seek out alternative sources of supply and / or methods of manufacture.
• Provide estimating information to Sales team.
• Liaise with authorized auditing personnel as required.
• Undertake training to update or improve necessary skills required to improve the company’s methods and techniques of estimating.
• Interrogation of information and maintaining of cost data within company ERP system
• Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.