Position: Design Engineer – Electro-Mechanical
Job ID: 693/6
Location: Tyne & wear
Salary/Rate: Up to £45,000
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a multi-skilled Design Engineer. Working as a Design Engineer, you will assist in the design, specification and production of detailed technical documentation packages both mechanical and electrical.
From the electrical perspective - This will include detailed drawings of electrical/control systems which work within harsh environments. You will also customise the existing electrical/control systems with respect to drawings/BOM’s/documentation in accordance with contract specifications and company procedures.
From the mechanical perspective – You will produce designs for mechanical equipment, this equipment covers: Winches, reelers and cranes. The position will entail whole life technical involvement from interpretation of customer requirements during tendering, through to concept development, detailed design, manufacturing support, testing and installation. You will also identify and undertake R&D / improvement activities to keep the product at the cutting edge.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- Design, specification and production of detailed technical documentation packages which fall in line with regulatory requirements.
- Investigate any product problems using structured problem solving techniques
- Assessment of designs to ensure code compliance. Using both hand calculations and Finite Elements Analysis (FEA) to assess and optimise the product
- Experience of product development with 2D and 3D CAD systems such as AutoCAD and Creo
- Prepare electrical schematics and block cable diagrams using 2D CAD systems as well as bespoke electrical design software
- Competent user of a recognised CAD package (AutoCAD, PromisE, Medusa etc.) for the production of drawings and schematics
- Conversant with BS EN 8888 and BS EN 22553 for the production of drawings
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as and when required
- Assist in preparation and review of technical equipment (motors, variable speed drives and control cubicles scope of supply information for estimating/purchasing purposes
- Programming of motor drive control systems as required
- Driving Licence
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
- BEng in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent technical capability based on practical knowledge and experience.
- BEng in either Electrical Engineering/Control Engineering or equivalent technical capability based on practical knowledge and experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.