Position: Ship Manager
Location: North West of England
Salary: £40 to £50k plus benefits package & overtime
WRS Tech has been approached to recruit a Ship Manager to work as part of the management team of a busy shipbuilding and ship repair business. WRS Tech’s client have forged a strong reputation for recruiting and retaining some of the best Shipbuilding talent in the UK.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Production Director the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and delivery of large packages of work which can differ from small refits through to complex new builds. Variety is part of the role and the ability to adapt and problem solve to a high level is a vital requirement which goes hand in hand with job satisfaction with this position.
Unlike other Ship Manager roles with other clients this particular client empowers their ship managers to make commercial decisions on their packages of work and whilst supported by the back offices staff this role includes the requirement to complete planning, estimating and negotiating as part of their working week.
Typical work will include but is not limited to:
• Managing & directing skilled trades and labour
• Ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, to specification and safely
• Will work with clients and senior management to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard
• Monitor performance, outputs & adjust as necessary.
This complex, but rewarding role is very technical due to the nature of the extensive work and volume of technical information required for execution of the new build programs and modern refits WRS Tech’s clients’ work on.
You will need to possess:
• Apprenticeship/HNC/HND level qualification or equivalent service experience in marine/mechanical/electrical.
• Skilled background in maintenance and repair of marine vessels with an understanding of planned maintenance systems.
• Exceptional technical and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and direct a large technical team of shipbuilding professionals.
• A high level understanding of Classification rules & how to run projects to ISO 9001 methods
• Strong customer/client service focus.
• Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve at a high level
• Ability to work with limited direction and make decisions
• This role is not suitable for someone who is unable to achieve UK Security clearances – THIS IS NOT A DEFENCE ROLE BUT THERE ARE DEFENCE PROJECT RUN ONSITE
This Ship Managers opportunity includes the chance to be involved in some of the worlds premium ship building program and shape the development of an entire company.
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech Ltd who has been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this.
Please call and speak to the Shipbuilding team to discuss further.