Job: Mechanical Pipefitting Supervisor / Foreman
Salary: £39,000 pa
Hours: 40 hours per week (basic)
WRS Tech is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Foreman on a permanent basis for one of our shipbuilding clients based in Lowestoft.
Duties, to include but not limited to:
- Monitor compliance for H&S, operational procedures and regulations.
- Supervise and coach employees as well as sub-contractors, encouraging high standards of quality and workmanship
- Working with time frames and budgets as set by senior management. Highlighting areas of improvement or opportunity
- Plan and priorities workloads
- Overcoming problems and complications
- Travel to sites, when required, to complete surveys/work
- Assist with quotation of projects
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven background in shipbuilding particularly drydock experience of commercial vessel (essential)
- Understanding of class society rules and standards (essential)
- Disciplinary and grievance experience / training and development (essential)
- NVQ level 3/HNC Mechanical Fitter (essential)
- Commissioning experience (essential)
- Previous supervisory / foreman experience working with PAYE staff and contractors (essential)
- Ability to interpret drawings / schematic manuals and diagrams (essential)
- CAD experience (advantage)
- Full UK driving license (advantage)
If you are available and interested in this position please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch.
WRS Tech is the recruitment agency working on behalf of their client.