Position: Electrical Engineer
Salary: £45- 66K
WRS Tech are working with a fantastic shipping business in the Glasgow area to source Electrical Engineer to help with maintenance and overhaul of electrical equipment on a number of vessels. This person will have previous experience of conducting maintenance / inspection of all Electrical / Electronic equipment.
- Providing technical knowledge of aspect of electrical/electronic equipment.
- Working close with the management team to provide technical knowledge during vessel dry docking.
- Undertaking inspection and maintenance across a fleet vessels.
- Maintain records and evidence of in-service maintenance of any electrical equipment onboard.
- Working closely with other engineers to create an annual plan for maintenance / overhaul of any electrical equipment.
- Performing annual inspection to help provide the technical team with requirements for any parts that are required.
- Perform condition monitoring and reports to identify solutions to address any risk to equipment.
- You will have previous experience of working on the following: Propulsion Systems, Alarm & Monitoring systems, Fire Detection System, Power Management Systems, Navigation Equipment and more.
- HNC or proven hand on experience within the marine industry.
- Good communication skills, able to work both independently and as part of a team when required.
- Confident in working with all Microsoft Packages.
- Will be required to travel and remote working.
- Previous background on providing technical knowledge maintenance and overhaul of marine vessels.
- Must be able to be flexible on shift patterns due to times of ship coming in for dry docking periods.
- (OEM) trained would be an advantage.
Please contact the shipbuilding team to find out more.
WRS TECH are acting as a recruiter on behalf of our client.