Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £50,000 plus benefits
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a number of Design Engineers to join the existing team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s skills lean towards the Electrical side of design however, they must also have a strong Mechanical understanding.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
- Ensure all customer requirements are captured by preparing final equipment specifications and manufacturing drawings for motor drive and electrical control systems during the design through to production
- Prepare all engineering calculations in support of the project
- Provide data in support of enquired and contracts for equipment and aftermarket
- Support other teams within the business
- Provide technical assistance as required
- Design experience of electrical or mechanical equipment intended for use in a marine environment
- Extensive experience with 2D CAD systems – ideally Medusa
- Knowledge of Solid Works is an advantage but not essential
- General knowledge of all Microsoft packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Preferably time served with degree/HNC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Driving License
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.