Position: Service Engineer/Workshop Engineer
Job ID: 1687/5
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 - (take home 50 - 60k) Plus benefits
Take complete responsibility for specific workshop and off site jobs. Main activities will be dismantling, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, assembling and testing diesel engines spares and assemblies. Will be able to lead projects on client’s sites as required (Sites could be a ship, an oil rig, the BBC or at the companies head office in the workshop). Will have to have hands-on approach to other mechanical engineering projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Dismantle engine assemblies and other equipment including clutches, steering legs and compressors.
• Clean and inspect spares, highlighting any items that do not meet job requirements.
• Rebuild equipment including engines, turbo chargers, fuel pumps and other ancillary equipment.
• Carry out testing and inspection to ensure spares and assemblies meet our high standards.
• Fault diagnosis using systematic approach including the use of a PC in with the engine management/control systems.
• Complete strip reports, test sheets, engineers’ reports and other documentation in a clear concise manner to communicate to the Bartech team.
• Provide daily updates, including site reports when on service work.
• Work away from our workshop on customer’s sites & vessels.
• Communicate constructively with clients.
• Take full responsibility for the quality of your work, as an un-supervised representative of the Company.
• Work in a safe and organised way.
• Ensure your work area is kept clean tidy and organised.
• Good practical engineering background.
• Experience of working on medium speed engines used in marine and industrial sectors.
• Ability to be able to apply engineering knowledge for new projects.
• Driving Licence.
• Must be flexible to take on additional tasks to assist company.
• Would be an advantage to have certificate to work offshore.
• PC literate
• Team player
• Positive approach to customer and clients.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret various engine manuals and instruction books.
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech Ltd who has been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.