Position: Electronic Support Engineer
Job ID: 1420/10
Salary: To be confirmed upon application
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for an Electronic Support Engineer to join the team – As the Electronic Support Engineer you will provide Electronic Support on Control Systems which are on-board vessels - this is commissioning, fault finding and remote assistance. You will also cover emergency vessel failure support and vessel inspections.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the marine engineering industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• Carry out full commissioning activities for Electronic Control Systems
• Installation assistance and checks, acceptance trials and training of crew and support staff
• Complete commissioning reports
• Carry out sea trials and Autopilot System interface as required
• Office based 40% – 60% international travel
• Experienced in travelling on short notice for trouble shooting for control systems, fault finding and repair to vessels
• Customer support - Help to build and develop our clients reputation as a company with excellent customer support
• Provide remote customer support via telephone, email etc, this may involve providing an immediate response to assist vessels that are not fully operational or require emergency support.
• Diagnose and report on faults with returned products.
• Carry out full commissioning activities for Electronic Control Systems namely Modular Electronic Control System (MECS), AVX and Blue Arrow Control System (bA). This will include installation assistance and checks, acceptance trials and training of crew and support staff
• Complete commissioning reports in a timely manner and update the project log
• Assist with interfacing with third party equipment’s, (engine, gearbox)
• Carry out Dynamic Positioning (DP) trials and Autopilot System interface as required
• Assist with the development and Improvement of Product Support Systems
• Ensure that the product support related areas of the complaints and warranty system are properly managed and records maintained.
• Training and Development - Provide Electronic Control System Support training for distributers and customers - Provide in-house technical training/support for cable manufacturing
• Development of internal staff and necessary skills / competency achieved for cable manufacture.
• Take full responsibility for own safety covering: Risk Assessments / Carry out risk assessment for vessel support activities / Complete of Risk assessments as appropriate
• Driving Licence
• Willing to travel
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.