Job: Works Coordinator
Job ID: 936/19
WRS Tech is currently supporting one of our shipbuilding clients in the recruitment of a Works Coordinator to be based from their main site in Southampton.
The main purpose of this role will be working with the general managers to support the companies leisure clients with refit and repair work.
You will be responsible for the estimation and quoting of jobs and the overall project management.
Our client has a busy order book for refit and repair projects based in both the UK and abroad.
• Manage and supervise employees work ensuring that they are working to high quality work and to the required safety standards.
• Must be able to quote, plan and project manage works.
• Overseeing all projects ensuring that costs are being met and delivered on time.
• Planning and prioritise workload within set timescales.
• Report writing on projects throughout the build.
• Ensuring that all Health and safety standards are being followed to at all times by any employees and contractors on site.
• Good communication skills including spoken and written English and must be able to communicate sensitively, politely and clearly with staff, managers and suppliers.
• Experience within the Marine industry - particularly within the cruise industry.
• Full UK driving licence (Must be able to travel to other sites when required).
• Must have previous experience of overseeing large numbers of employees / contractors.
• Able to read and understand technical engineering drawings / schematic parts manuals and diagrams.
• Able to work part of a team and get the most from staff on projects.
• Able to monitor quality of work to the highest standards.
If you feel you match the above criteria please apply now with your updated CV and a member of our team will be in touch.
WRS Tech is the recruitment agency working on behalf of their client.