Position: Marine Engineer
Salary £35,000 - £40,000
WRS are currently looking for a skilled Marine engineer to work on a small fleet of ferries that run up and down the Thames. This person will be required to do a number jobs from engines, electrical, plumbing, shaft line, control systems and much more.
Key Skills required
- Mechanical fitter of all general Marine systems.
- Working on all planned maintenance / repairs to the vessel while it is still in use.
- You will be required to work closely with the electrical engineers while doing the repairs.
- Electrical installation.
- Basic plumbing work.
- Work as part of a full engineering team to ensure that all work is carried out to the highest requirements and health and safety/
- Experience Hydraulics.
- Striping engines down and re building.
- Reading and interpretation of technical drawings.
- Must have a minimum of NVQ level 3 within the marine industry or similar.
- This would suit someone Mechanical biased and if they could do basic electrical work would be beneficial.
- Ensuring H&S compliance
- Effectively manage overtime and ensure standards are met in line with regular working hours.
- Experience of working on large diesel engines such as boats or Lorries.
- Able to right technical reports
If this is of an interest please send over your CV to the shipbuilding team or call on 02392 596893.