WRS Tech are working with a renowned shipping organisation in London to source a Deputy Harbour Master.
The deputy harbour master is primarily involved in directing and coordinating the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective services in a selected part of the river in accordance with relevant internal and external requirements. Other roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support Harbour Master in fulfilling all duties associated with running a safe and efficient port environment
- Liaise with external river bodies and users
- Plan an coordinate involvement with relevant events up and down the river
- Incident investigation
- Act as part of the emergency response team
- Examiner/assessor for local knowledge and Boat Master licenses
The ideal candidate will hold a Class 1 Master Mariner CoC and at least 5 years ashore in a similar position. Extensive knowledge of port operations is highly desirable. Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential for the position as well as a willingness to work flexibly as required. Due to the nature of the position candidates must be willing to live within close proximity to the river.
The successful candidate will win the opportunity within a professional and exciting environment with new and different projects to involved with. In addition a salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package is on offer.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered.
WRS Tech is a specialist Marine and Maritime recruitment agency that offer Permanent and Contract recruitment solutions.