Job Title: Marine Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
WRS Tech are currently looking for a Marine Mechanical Design Engineer for one of our clients based in Wroxham.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and your role will be to assist members of the design team as well as work closely with various departments when required. The main function of the role is to produce detailed mechanical system designs for production ‘as built’ drawing packs.
• Gathering and organising information for use by the mechanical and systems department
• Designing HVAC drawing to accommodate optional extras to the standard vessel
• Draughting layout drawings for production
• Creating and updating schedules
• Updating component parts/material lists for purchasing
• When required, oversee testing, installation, and repair of Mechanincal/Systems
Skills and Abilities;
• Previous experience working with marine mechanical systems
• Excellent knowledge of 3D modelling
• Basic understanding of 3D manipulation in Catia or silimar
• Experience in Finite Element Analysis of composite structures is required. Experience with NASTRAN and FEMAP is a plus.
• Current working knowledge of applicable boat design standards such as ABYC and Recreational Craft Directive ISO standards required.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent communication and written presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Good attention to detail
If you are available and interested in this position, please call a member of the shipbuilding team on 02392 633952.
WRS Tech are working as the recruitment agency on behalf of our client.