Position: Marine Electrician
Type: 3/4 Month contract
Salary: £19.75 p/h
WRS are currently looking for a number of skilled Marine Electrician for a Defence project based in Dorset. This person with be working from electrical schematics as well as investigation and diagnostics of equipment. You will be able to install, fault find and repair electrical installations, including motor starters and equipment control panels to a high standard.
* Install cable support systems.
* Run and dress cabling in an extremely neat fashion.
* Install control cabinet enclosures.
* Test your own work to recognised standards (IEE 17th Test and Inspect).
* Assist other departments with their temporary power requirements taking into account electrical loads and distances involved.
* Assist the commissioning engineers and take an active role in commissioning equipment
* Apprentice trained or NVQ Level 3.
* A proven track record in a marine electrical role.
* Experience with 3-phase, motors, motor starters, distribution systems.
* Previous experience of working on new build vessels
* Must be able to get Security clearance.
* Will also need to do their own DBS
* Extremely neat work.
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS UK who has been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.
Please contact the shipbuilding team to discuss further.