Position: Contract Buyer
Salary: £26k, Pension, Early finish on a Friday
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Contract Buyer with proven ability in purchasing / pricing to join a well-established company in Plymouth. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the supply of purchased parts for the production facilities.
* Responsible for the cost management of commodity groups for supplier spend.
* Confident in managing suppliers to support the needs of the business and select the best suppliers.
* Work with engineering teams in evaluating new products and technologies to obtain the best price.
* Negotiating long terms contracts and manage supplier base and instigate supplier improvements.
* Working with all areas of the business including assembly, chain, supply, developments and engineering.
* Reporting on monthly basis on cost reduction achievements.
* Updating KPI's and 5S audits.
* Cost reduction management and reporting on PO's.
* Reducing savings for process waste, development & engineering.
* Experience in complete purchasing cycle and MRP systems.
* Strong IT skills and awareness.
* CIPS or equivalent qualifications preferred
* Good with negotiation skills supported by the desire to achieve best market price.
* Understanding on budgets and manufacturing.
WRS are acting as a recruiter on behalf of our clients.
Please contact the shipbuilding team to discuss further.