Job Title: Production Design Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
WRS Tech are currently looking for a Production Design Engineer for one of our clients based in Southampton. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a busy yacht manufacturing company.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and you will work alongside other members of the electrical and design team. Your main responsibility will be to implement production processes and procedures. Leading productivity improvement with various project based activities. This will include new product information and manufacturing design to ensure the improvement of quality and safety whilst reducing operating cost.
* Identify manufacturing needs for new products in development
* Design new systems and processes and ensure the new products are cost effective
* Assist with shop floor layout designs
* Design fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
* Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions
* Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required
* Work closely with production management to ensure schedule adherence for boats in plan.
* Work closely with Group Procurement
* Ensure that you are on time for all
* Ensuring you comply the Health and Safety policies
Skills and Abilities;
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
* Extensive experience working in manufacturing
* Ability to use 2D & 3D CAD software and design processes and layouts
* Experienced working with various systems
* Excellent communication skills
* Good computer skills such as MS word and Excel
* Good attention to detail
If you are available and interested in this position, please call a member of the shipbuilding team on 02392 633952.
WRS Tech are working on behalf of our client.