Position: Project Manager
Job ID: 630/14
Salary: To be advised upon application
WRS Tech's marine team have a number of vacancies for multiple marine businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for a Project Manager. As a Project Manager - you will project manage high value customer projects for new engine orders.
WRS Tech's client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the marine industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline)
* To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
* EHS Compliance
* Project management of complex mechanical items from cradle to grave
* Responsible for project/s from cradle to grave, interacting with all departments internally and externally and with the customer.
* You will assess, review and interpret the project requirements and ensure clarity of the scope of supply and that the sales bid matches this, plus ensuring engineering & supply chain can deliver the technical solution and operations - on time and on cost.
* Development and management of the overall project plan for selected contracts. Coordinating key inputs from various functional teams within the business, ensuring quality, cost, margin and delivery targets and responsibilities are understood and accepted.
* To work within gated project process to ensure all risks are minimised.
* Define on projects the roles and responsibilities both externally and internally.
* Prepare weekly and monthly project status reports & present
* Set and monitor suitable KPIs to ensure projects meet requirements or issues flagged in advance in order to mitigate deviations
* To be 'commercially aware' and identify the requirement for variation orders - complete costings, obtain sign-off (internal/external) and progress orders through customer's processes.
* To be the primary point of contact for customer problems and questions including warranty call-outs in and out of core hours.
* To maintain good working internal relations through effective communications at all levels
* Monitor and report any customer issues, working closely with the Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and Accounts departments.
* Ensure the customer is aware of the importance of contractual - �Dependencies' e.g. maintaining the maintenance schedules for the products.
* Reporting Non-Conformance work, arranging solution, ensuring completion and recording non-conformance. In addition, liaise with the Quality department to implement a long-term solution to minimise re-occurrence.
* Monitoring and provisioning of any warranty costs and forecasting spend.
* Risk Management
* You will come from an engineering / technical background
* At least 5 years project management experience gained in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
* Delivery of multi million £ engineering projects
* University degree / comparable vocational education with long-term work experience (desirable).
* A Project Management qualification such as; PMQ (APMP), PPQ, PQ, RPP, Prince2.
* An Engineering qualification would also be desirable.
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS UK Ltd who has been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.