Position: Technical Author
Job ID: 1556/29
Salary: Up To - £30,000
WRS Tech's marine team have a number of vacancies for multiple marine businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for an experienced Technical Author to join a friendly and busy team in a well-established defence engineering business. The successful candidate will research, develop, write and review technical information and Guidance for new and existing products and publications such as reports and manuals sent to UK and oversees customers.
WRS Tech's client is a very established and well regarded entity.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline)
* Create Product Documentation
* Ability to present and offer tutorials to end users
* Work with internal/external teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
* Gather, analyse new and existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
* Collaborate with internal/external teams to clarify technical issues
* Working on and managing multiple projects/documents simultaneously
* Create and maintain the information architecture and configuration control
* Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
* Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
* Knowledge of MoD/ship builder working practice
* University degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred
* Candidates must be able to obtain SC clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS UK Ltd who has been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.