Position: Project Engineering Manager
Job ID: 1556/26
Salary: Up To £45,000 plus benefits
WRS Tech's marine team have a number of vacancies for multiple marine businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for an experienced Project Engineering Manager to join a friendly and busy team. The successful candidate will lead management and coordinate the Project Engineering Team activities. Working with the Project Management team, you will ensure the technical content of the project is delivered successfully against the customer requirements.
WRS Tech's client is a very established and well regarded entity.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline)
* Project Delivery
* Guidance and direction of a team
* Risk Management
* Project Management
* Lead and coordinate a team of engineers to analyse and direct technical aspects of project delivery. Providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project
* Line manage and mentor the Project Engineering team to achieve objectives
* Provide technical information to the Project Management team, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, breakdown of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
* Provide technical guidance and resolve technical escalations related to system integration
* Ownership of system level design and architecture against customer requirements
* Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
* Provide technical support for the Project Management team in customer communications.
* Provide technical support for procurement, production and quality throughout the project lifecycle to ensure timely response to action items
* Support the technical content for New Business proposals
* Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
* Develop procedures and Project engineering work practices to provide consistency across the projects
* Knowledge and understanding of Project Management methodologies (Prince2, APMP, PMP)
* Previous experience of an ERP/MRP system
* Knowledge of ISO9001 or a similar QA system
* Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from production and requiring cross-functional engagement
* Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented
* Able to travel to other sites and to the offices of clients, sub-contractor and suppliers as required
* Degree in chemical/electrical/mechanical engineering or related subject
* Candidates must be able to obtain SC clearance
* Experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS UK Ltd who has been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.