Position: Composite Engineer
Location: South Coast
Salary: £25000 - £35000
A marine client is currently looking to bring on a number of Composite Engineers at different levels who either large Super yachts design exposure or is looking to work in the Super Yacht design market. The role will be a varied role and you will be directly involved from concept through to production and commissioning. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the design and build of some fantastic ships.
* You will be working as Composite specialist in all design and activities across the project and deal with any issues that come up.
* Preparation of drawings to assist any classification requirements and understanding all of the needs.
* Liaise with governing bodies including MCA, Flag, RINA to ensure commercial exposure of the company is mitigated.
* Making sure that all aspect of Health and Safety are being followed at all times.
* Collecting all relevant documentation for compliance verification.
* Compile stability assessments and classification survey, including sea trails, in-build and dockside surveys.
* Degree qualified in relevant discipline or relevant experience in lieu
* Strong background in a yacht / ship design, manufacturing or engineering environment
* Achieved professional status with the Engineering Council through a suitable body
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Maxsurf suite and Siemens NX & Teamcentre. Experience with CE Pro software would be an advantage.
* Fully conversant with both regulatory and nautical terminology
* Understanding of the Recreational Craft Directive, Classification Society Rules and international shipping regulations together with their practical application to the business.
* Results oriented approach with good analytical, team leadership and organisational skills
WRS TECH are acting as a recruiter on behalf of its client.