Position: Senior Naval Architect
Location: South Coast
Salary: £25000 - £35000
A marine client of WRS's are currently looking to bring on a Naval Architect who either has large Super yachts design exposure or is looking to work in the Super Yacht design market. The role will be a varied role and you will be directly involved from concept through to production and commissioning. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the design and build of some fantastic ships.
* You will be required hands on approach in all design and activities across the project and deal with any issues that come up.
* Preparation of drawings to assist any classification requirements and understanding all of the needs.
* Liaise with governing bodies including MCA, Flag, RINA to ensure commercial exposure of the company is mitigated.
* Making sure that all aspect of Health and Safety are being followed at all times.
* Collecting all relevant documentation for compliance verification.
* Compile stability assessments and classification survey, including sea trails, in-build and dockside surveys.
* As business demands dictate, this role may be varied to ensure satisfactory focus on the key team deliverables as determined by the Head of Naval Architecture.
* Naval Architecture degree.
* Experience working on large yacht builds of 30-40m +.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Maxsurf suite and Siemens NX & Teamcentre.
* Professional status with a suitable body such as Royal Institution of Naval Architecture, Institution of Marine Engineers, etc.
WRS TECH are acting as a recruiter on behalf of its client.