Job Title: Design Engineer Marine
Job Ref: 468/4
One of our established and well regarded clients have appointed WRS Tech to recruit a Design Engineer with a ideally with a background in marine design.
The successful candidate will assist with designing and developing all aspects of Engineering for the assigned ship building projects.
* Design Tasks, custom development and product development
* Concept design and general outfitting
* Liaising with internal and external teams
* Liaising with all other design and technical departments
* Reviewing installations. (Structure/ furniture etc).
* Production and delivery of required information & instructions for materials, pre-build sub-assemblies for Packages of work.
* Production of boat specific Engineering instructions.
* Supporting boat assembly and Fitout operations.
* Involved with Sales and Aftersales where and when appropriate.
* Promote and enforce Health & Safety across the business.
This Design Engineer opportunity includes the commitment to grow the individual and to help expand the individuals technical and professional skill set.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of HND in design or similar. You will be a Design Engineer or an Junior Project Engineer background in marine or product design who's familiar with marine or vessels design
You will need to have proven expertise in Siemens NX, Solidworks or similar CAD package.
This position has the option to be based in the Peterborough and will involve some travel.
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech - Maritime and Ship Building recruitment business.