Position: Marine Engineer
Job ID: 634/21
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
HSB Technical has a maritime division which proudly works with a growing number of national and international maritime businesses.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for a number of Marine Engineers to join the team. As one of the Marine Engineers on site, you will carry out all aspects of marine works on various vessels covering engines, equipment repair, service, installation, warranty and maintenance work.
HSB Technical's client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• Repairs, Servicing, Maintenance and Commissioning of marine engines, controls, HVAC & propulsion units
• Workshop and Field based work
• Carry out routine service and repair work on various vessels
• Full workshop overhaul and repairs of marine engines to manufacturer’s standards
• Carry out new machinery and equipment installations
• Ensure that the Departmental Manager is kept informed of the status of ongoing work
• Compile parts lists for work in progress for quotations and assist parts department with parts selected for jobs
• Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed correctly
• Ensure workshop, service vehicles and mess room are left in a clean and tidy fashion
• Attend Boat Shows/Trade Events when requested
• Sea Trials when required
• Work is mostly carried out along the South Coast, however from time to time it may be necessary to travel further afield and overseas
• Marine Engineering Qualification desirable
• Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical Ltd who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.