Position: Systems Engineer
Job ID: 1130/12
Salary/Rate: Up to 40k Plus benefits and overtime
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for Systems Engineer. As the systems engineer you will be responsible for specifying and designing systems and taking responsibility for the engineering component of these systems. You will testing, commission and conduct the handover to the customer.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- Assume the position of technical lead for individual projects in addition to supporting other Systems.
- Lead Project Engineers on all other company projects (CAD software experience, preferably Visio and E-Plan Electric P8)
- Using customer specifications, you will produce Functional Design Specifications
- You will produce block diagrams, system schematics, bill of materials and cable schedules
- Program PLC, HMI & Scada Systems (Experience of Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Wago PLCs)
- Produce technical documentation covering and including manuals and test procedures
- Assist with the internal and customer Factory Acceptance Tests
- This is a worldwide travel position commissioning systems on board all types of vessels
- You will conduct Harbour and Sea Acceptance Trials through to customer handover
- Attend meetings with customers and other departments on and off sit
- Using your growing knowledge, assist with the development and assessment of new products
- Follow schedules and tasks assigned by the Systems Engineering Manager
- Familiarity with P&ID drawings
- Experience with Electrical Controls, Automation, Electrical and Electronics System Integration
- Driving Licence
- Ideally (but not essential) an electrical qualification
- Candidates must be able to obtain SC Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.