Position: Mechanical Fitter Chargehand
Salary: depending experience
WRS Tech is looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter Chargehand to join and lead the established Shipyard who deal with ship repair and maintenance of 100 vessels.
The successful Mechanical Fitter Chargehand will be responsible for delivering extensive repairs, Refit and mobilisations on a large variety of Commercial, Passenger and defence vessels to very high standards. This role is a hands-on role where you will be leading a skilled team of tradesman.
- Working within a skilled Mechanical team you will be required to work on ship repair work under the supervision of the foreman.
- Working closely with the ship repair manager & Superintendents throughout the project duration.
- Working on multiple projects at one time.
- Previous experience of working on tail shafts, rudders, main engines, auxiliary engines, sea valves, sea chests and more.
- Making sure that all health and safety standards are being adhere at all times.
- Working closely with apprentices and helping with training and mentoring.
- Flexibility and reliability are essential, with the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be fluent in English, with a good command of the Spanish language preferred but not essential. Other languages are welcomed.
- Must have a minimum of NVQ level 3 within the marine engineering industry or similar.
- Ensuring H&S compliance
Please contact the Shipbuilding team to discuss further.
WRS are acting as a recruiter on behalf of its client.