Position: Mechanical Fitter Foreman
Salary: Depending experience
WRS Tech is looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter Foreman to join and lead the established Shipyard who deal with ship repair and maintenance of 100 vessels.
The successful Mechanical Fitter Foreman will be responsible for delivering extensive repairs, Refit and mobilisations on a large variety of Commercial, Passenger and defence vessels to very high standards. This role is a hands-on role where you will be leading a skilled team of tradesman.
- Supervising a team of Mechanical Fitters for a number of ship repair projects.
- You will need to be able to working on project such as engine overhauls, tail shafts, propeller, valves auxiliary engines, pumps and much more.
- Attend daily meeting with Project Managers.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects.
- Stick to strict budgets and deadlines.
- Making sure that you and your team keep to all Health and safety standards while on site.
- Reporting and logging the progress of each projects and liaise with Repair Manager & Superintendents.
- Being responsible for apprentices on site which will involve on the job training and you will be required to Mentor and monitor on all projects.
- Flexibility and reliability are essential, with the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be fluent in English, with a good command of the Spanish language preferred but not essential. Other languages are welcomed.
- Must have a minimum of NVQ level 3 within the marine engineering industry or similar.
- Ensuring H&S compliance
Please contact the Shipbuilding team to discuss further.
WRS are acting as a recruiter on behalf of its client.