Position: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £45K
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are currently looking for a Electrical Design Engineer to join the team – Working as an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be working in a multidisciplinary team producing designs for equipment associated with specialist machinery.
You will be required to assist in the design, specification and production of technical packages. This will include detailed drawings of electrical and control systems for marine equipment. Also customising existing systems with respect to drawings/ BOM’s and documentation in line with contract specifications.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the marine engineering industry.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
- Prepare electrical schematics and block cable diagrams using 2D CAD systems and bespoke electrical design software
- Within a MRP System you will need to prepare and maintain all associate technical documentation
- Ensuring all technical work of others is checked and provide technical guidance to colleagues in other departments and to suppliers and customers.
- Investigate Safety and Technical problems using structured problem-solving techniques.
- Work closely with equipment suppliers, internal departments and customers to provide technical reference / guidance.
- Manage supplier interfaces and provide technical assistant to suppliers
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate to meet the needs of the business
- Experience of creating control panel layout drawings and engineering bill of materials
- Good understanding of both electrical and mechanical practical engineering applications used within a marine environment
- Proven experience in technical deliver of projects to cost, schedule and quality.
- Competent user of a recognised CAD package (AutoCAD, PromiseE, Medusa etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in using IT systems including MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-point etc.).
- Conversant with BS EN 8888 for the production of drawings.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships that will bring together a broad range of talents and skill sets
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Currently hold or ability to obtain UK SC Clearance
- BEng in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.