Position: Operations Assistant
Job ID: 850/26
Salary/Rate: Up To £30,000 Plus Benefits
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for an Operations Assistant. Working as the Operations Assistant, you will provide operational support to our clients maritime shipping business by establishing and maintaining good customer and working relations both inside and outside of the organisation. You will be in part of a team which will work on a rota basis covering 24/7/365.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- You will: Receive orders from customer, organise the scheduling and logistics of the fleet in order to ensure most efficient use of assets optimising service
- Collate, input and update the order information – adding this to the sales database enabling accurate tracking of work requirements
- Provide vessel utilisation ensuring that obligations for availability of expertise, equipment and personnel are met in order to maintain customer satisfaction and operational efficiency
- Work closely with the Operations and Technical departments teams to both deploy vessel services to maximise revenue, but also ensure vessels are available for scheduled maintenance as and when required
- Manage and be reactive with requests for coastal work, recovery or special services ensuring that all relevant parties are informed as promptly and accurately as possible
- Maintain a good relationship and co-ordinate regularly with other company connected stakeholders, including the port authority and customer representatives
- Liaise with crew to maintain operational availability, and ensure compliance with relevant working time legislation
- Input of crew pay claims for the local operation ensuring accurate entries in accordance with agreed pay scales and local agreement
- Process operational invoice information which has been entered into sales database in order to keep an accurate record of work performed, and to facilitate efficient production of sales invoices
- General administration tasks will be part of the role whilst undertaking other duties which assist with the operational efficiency of the business
- Driving Licence
- Willingness to work at short notice / cover absences and to work on call
- Previous Maritime experience preferred (not essential)
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.