Position: Mechanical Engineer OR Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design)
Job ID: 693/11
Salary/Rate: Up to £45,000
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a Mechanical Engineer OR Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager; You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team which produces designs for mechanical equipment associated with specialist maritime deck machinery. This includes winches, reelers and cranes and other harsh environment equipment. The position see you involved in interpretation of customer requirements during tendering stages, concept development, detailed design, manufacturing support, test and installation onboard the vessel. You will also identify and undertake R&D and improvement activities to keep assist in keeping the product at the cutting edge of technology.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- You will: Develop and assess Mechanical Engineering solutions that fulfil client and regulatory requirements. Progressing from requirements capture, through concept design to product development, commissioning and in-service support.
- Identify and develop R&D and Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Investigate Technical problems using structured problem solving techniques.
- Produce and update technical documentation in support of new and updated designs.
- Check the technical work of others and provide technical guidance to colleagues in other departments and to suppliers and customers.
- Experience spanning concept, product development and in-service support.
- Experience of creation of equipment assembly arrangements and Engineering Bills of Materials using the company ERP/MRP system.
- Assessment of designs to ensure code compliance. Using both hand calculations and Finite Elements Analysis (FEA) to assess and optimise the product.
- Experience of product development with 2D and 3D CAD systems such as AutoCAD and Creo.
- Conversant with BS EN 8888 and BS EN 22553 for the production of drawings.
- Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.