Position: Procurement Manager
Job ID: 2127/6
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a Procurement Manager to join the team. You will Lead and Mentor the Procurement team. Creating new, and improve existing procedures to ensure good working practice and compliance with contractual and legal requirements. You will run competitive tenders to find suitable suppliers for specific commodities & create / negotiate frame work agreements with suppliers for specific commodities whilst reviewing supplier performance and take action accordingly.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- Day to day management and mentoring of an established procurement team
- Selecting key suppliers from existing approved suppliers, (or recommend new suppliers), that can deliver goods or services in accordance with the company requirements for quality, cost and delivery
- Creation, negotiation and management of framework agreements with key suppliers for specific commodities
- Negotiate Ts & Cs to ensure favorable terms for SC Group
- Creating a supplier engagement meeting schedule
- Driving and directing critical activities with your suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and or services to the correct terms
- Developing solutions to non-standard issues.
- Identify and respond appropriately to levels of risk involved for the company
- Understanding the services and/or goods that are, or will be required by the company
- To ensure all Personal Data (GDPR) is managed in compliance with company policy Carrying out supplier engagement meetings.
- Expediting own and other team members purchase orders.
- Ability to work at a fast pace whilst maintaining an eye for detail.
- Recognised mechanical apprenticeship
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems
- CIPS level 4 or above (or working towards)
- Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.