Position: Applications Engineer
Salary/Rate: £35,000 - £42,000
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for an Applications Engineer. Working as a the Applications Engineer, you will deliver and expand the portfolio of marine products. These products are used in the marine industry onboard vessels, these products have a solid reputation in the industry.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Mechanical & Applications Engineering, you will assist in the design, specification and production of detailed technical documentation packages. This will include detailed drawing of electro/hydraulic mechanical systems and customisation of the existing electro/hydraulic mechanical systems with respect to drawings, Bills Of Materials and documentation in accordance with contract specifications and company procedures. You will also be expected to support the sales team in the form of technical support and estimating of engineering hours for future projects for electro/hydraulic mechanical systems relevant to marine equipment. Some offsite work and occasional customer facing may be required.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
- Prepare customer requirements document
- Produce mechanical and electrical detailed drawings required for the manufacture and support of the product
- Create support documentation for the companies contracts including Bills of Material
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as required
- Assist in preparation of technical proposals and scope of supply information for estimating/purchasing purposes
- Complete basic mechanical/hydraulic calculations necessary to meet contract requirements
- Maintain and update drawings and documentation in accordance with company procedures
- 3D modelling and 2D design and drafting (Creo 3)
- AutoCAD LT (2013 minimum)
- Manufacturing drawing production
- Good computer skills (MS Office, various relevant applications)
- Conversant with the relevant British and European drawing standards
- Working knowledge of hydraulics an advantage
- Process oriented with a focus on quality – right first time
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience
- Manufacturing drawing generation for a production environment
- Knowledge of classification society rules
- Experience in a marine environment
- Use of MRP / ERP systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures, welding, machine shop, casting & forging techniques
- Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role.