Position: VP Product
Job ID: 6937/7
Salary/Rate: (Great Salary) Confirmed upon application
WRS Tech’s team have a number of vacancies for multiple maritime businesses covering the UK and overseas.
This particular client I am recruiting for are looking for a VP of Product (Engineering / Governance). Working as the VP Product, your purpose is to manage a group of products within the division, interpreting and articulating the market requirements whilst managing the long term commercial performance of the product group. You will plan the new product introduction road maps for the product group and be the link between the customer / sales and the product technical development.
WRS Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry.
• Good understanding and experience of Marine customer operation.
• Good understanding and application of commercial expertise.
• Establish a product strategy including product development roadmaps for the product family ensuring alignment with internal stakeholder (SC/GSM/GCS/Delivery) and external stakeholders (class, yards, ship owners)
• Convert customer and internal (GSM & GCS) demands into R&T proposals to ensure product development is managed and maximised according to market requirements including necessary business case development
• Own and programme manage R&D projects within the product sector to ensure appropriate progress and cost control and provide programme leadership to the product team
• Responsible for the product documentation fulfilling all demands ensuring the client has first class documentation on all products now and for future requirements
• Establish an implement with Operations and Services, strategies and processes which ensure product readiness in accordance with NPI/IPPR requirements and authorise entry of all product programmes into the SORB process
• Monitor generic product cost development, quality and nonconformity and drive necessary improvement programmes
• Define and set the Product Unit Cost targets for the product sector and monitor long-term life cycle profitability in order to ensure maximization of profit
• Interact with stakeholders such as SC, GCS, GSM etc effecting the through-life monitoring of the product sector performance
• Identify and evaluate potential market and services related opportunities for the associated product family and monitor total life cycle profitability and quality of the product family
• Support the development of product sales "tools" and the product sales documentation (e.g. sales configurator) for the product sector
• Benchmark competitors' solutions, cost level, market share, patents etc to support the KM product sector strategy and development and divestment priorities
• Gather and monitor marketing and products information from various sources and communicate to key stakeholders
• Identify new market approaches and techniques which enhance the performance and business impact of the product
• Responsible for global improvements programmes eg 4 C's - cost, cash, concentration and customer to keep our focus and drive to being as competitive as possible
• Driving Licence
• Willingness to travel at short notice
• Master level within science, engineering or business management
This vacancy is being advertised by WRS Tech who have been a